Adapted from Budget Bytes
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, mush the butter into the flour mixture until you get a dry sandy texture.
- Stir in the cold milk, the dough will be very wet and sticky at this point.
- Liberally flour the counter top and place dough and pat down until it is about ¾ inch thick. Using a cookie/biscuit cutter or, in my case a glass, cut the biscuits out of the dough. Place the cut biscuits onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey, slather with butter, or slop on some gravy and enjoy!